Sunday, January 6, 2013

Welcome and Introductions

Welcome readers!

If you have found this blog because you have searched for Doo Wop you have come to the right place. Doo Wop has been a passion for me and I wanted to share my passion with those who know the music and possibly bring the music back by introducing the music to new people. I always wish that the music could have lasted to current time, unfortunately it only lasted at the most 40 years. But the genre has its influences in modern music and media, with movies like A Bronx Tale, Goodfellas, Why Do Fools Fall in Love and few others bringing the music of the Doo Wop era back to life.

But before I begin I should give you some background on myself. I have been listening to the music since I was old enough to appreciate it so give or take 30 something years. It was played constantly by my father who grew up in the neighborhoods where some of the groups would practice in the stairways of the projects and street corners in New York City. My father knew some of the singers from the neighborhood and learned about the history of the groups and he passed that info to me, which I will pass on to you with this blog.

My dream is to one day have Doo Wop back on the regular airwaves instead of played by obscure radio stations around the US or mixed in as oldies here and there on regular and satellite radio. I just the younger generation will appreciate it soon before it is lost to history.

For now I leave you with one of the popular groups originally from Harlem, The Harptones with the song Life is But a Dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comments.